Last Updated December 15th, 2022
Retention. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose of collection, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish and defend legal claims, for fraud prevention purposes, or as long as required to meet our legal obligations. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your Rights. European data protection laws may give you certain rights regarding your personal information. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Contact details, such as first and last name, email address, phone number, account name or username, and social media handle.
- Account information, such as your log-in details, information that you store in your account, and other details about your use of the Services.
- Professional information, such as company name, job title, company location, email, and phone, and other details we may collect about the company.
- Payment information, such as bank account number, credit or debit card number, or financial account details used for payments. All payment processing services connected with your use of the Services are provided to you by third-party payment processors. Xima does not access or keep information related to credit cards, banking information, or other sensitive financial information.
- Order history, such as records of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Transaction and billing data, such as payment amounts and payment methods used to complete transactions, and other relevant information about the financial institutions you use to conduct business.
- Preferences, such as any preferences you set in your account and any marketing or communications preferences.
- Survey responses, such as the information you provide in response to our surveys, questionnaires, or contests.
- Communications, such as the information associated with your requests or inquiries, including for support, assistance, or order information, and any feedback you provide when you communicate with us.
- Online activity information, such as the website you visited before browsing to the Service, pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Device information, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, wireless carrier, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- Personal Information You Provide. Xima collects personal information when you voluntarily submit it to us, such as when you fill out a form on the Website or communicate with us.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Flash cookies, or locally-stored objects, which are used on websites for purposes similar to cookies but allow storage of a larger amount of data.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of marketing campaigns.
- Personal Information Obtained from Third Parties. Xima may receive personal information from third parties, such as our service providers, resellers, advertising partners, data analytics partners, operating systems and platforms, social media platforms, event sponsors, publicly available sources, or data providers. We may merge or combine such personal information with the personal information we collect from you directly or automatically.
- Referrals. Users of the Services may have the opportunity to refer colleagues or other contacts to us and share their contact information. Please do not provide us with someone’s contact information unless you have their permission to do so.
- process your transactions, including purchasing products and services;
- establish, manage, monitor, and maintain your account;
- improve and personalize your experience on or with the Services;
- verify your identity or determine your eligibility for offers and promotions;
- communicate with you, including providing notices about your account or transaction and responding to any of your requests, feedback, or questions;
- provide any contests, surveys, sweepstakes, or other promotions you participate in;
- provide maintenance and support; and
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal information.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONXima is based in the United States, and we have service providers in the United States and potentially other countries. Your personal information may be collected, used, and stored in these countries or other locations outside of your home country. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal information may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country. By providing your personal information, where applicable law permits, you specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein. Users located in Europe can view more information about cross-border transfers in the section below titled “Notice to European Users.”
CHILDREN’S PRIVACYThe Services are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONNo method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from the risks presented by unauthorized access or acquisition, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
OTHER SITES AND SERVICESThe Services may contain links to other websites and online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and online services you use.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS (SHINE THE LIGHT LAW)Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with Xima are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit your request to the email address listed in the section titled “CONTACTING US” below with “Shine the Light” in the subject line.
|Processing Purpose (as described above in the “Use of Personal Information” section)||Legal Basis|
|Direct Marketing||Processing is based on your consent where that consent is required by applicable law. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it any time in the manner indicated when you consented or via the relevant Services. Where such consent is not required by applicable law, we process your personal information for this purpose based on our legitimate interests in promoting our business and providing you with tailored, relevant content.|
|To Comply with Laws and Regulations||Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.|
|For Compliance, Fraud Prevention, and Safety||Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations or based on our legitimate interests in protecting our or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property.|
|With Your Consent||Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it any time in the manner indicated when you consent or via the relevant Services.|
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Port. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.